Raising an autistic child will never be an easy task. I conducted part-time physical training for autistic child 3 years back. I stop doing that after 2 years, as I get another role in my career as a national sport and performance. Trust me, it was not easy, but it was fun. Below is the Top 5 Online Autism Courses for Parents, that you can enrol anytime, anywhere.
In this article, I will recommend the Top 5 Online Autism Courses for parents.
Online Autism Course NO.1#
Autism Spectrum Disorder
This online course is taught by Patricia Schetter , a project coordinator, Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities in the University of California, Davis.Patricia Schetter has M.A., BCBA and she oversees the California Autism Professional Training and Information Network project, which provides training, coaching and resources in evidence-based practices to educators, service coordinators, clinical staff and families throughout California.
What will you learn in this Online Autism Spectrum Disorder Course?
- Understanding the characteristics of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their implications for behavior.
- Learning and the ability to process information is critical for anyone working or interacting with those on the spectrum — educators, clinicians, counselors, therapists, medical staff, family and employers.
- A fundamental understanding of what ASD is, how it is diagnosed, the primary areas of impairment, and why prevalence is increasing.
- Examine the developmental and sensorimotor differences that may impact academic, play, social and self-help skills at different stages of life, including the transition to higher education and employment.
- Gain a clear understanding of how sensory regulation differs for individuals on the spectrum, and explore practical tools for identifying triggers and communicating feelings.
- Learn to use evidence-based practices to provide effective interventions and explore typical strengths and weaknesses of individuals on the spectrum in relation to identified impairments.
Rating 4.5 out of 5
Online Autism Course NO.2#
Introduction to Genetics and Evolution
This course is not really directly focus on autism, but you may be able to pick up some information on how autism actually happens to some people. This course is taught by Dr. Mohamed Noor . He is is the Earl D. McLean Professor and Chair of Biology at Duke University. His expertise is in molecular evolution, and a large part of his research has been devoted to trying to understand the genetic changes that ultimately lead to the formation of new species.
What will you learn in this Online Introduction to Genetics and Evolution?
This course provides the basic biology you need to understand all of these issues better, tries to clarify some misconceptions, and tries to prepare students for future, more advanced coursework in Biology (and especially evolutionary genetics).
Rating 4.8 out of 5
Online Autism Course NO.3#
Autism Step by Step: The ultimate guide for families
This online autism course is created by Mayte Ureña .She is a licensed Psychologist from the University of Seville with more than 10 years of experience in treatment of people with Autism Spectrum Disorder.She has been doing her job based on the most reliable and trustworthy methodologies which are the Psychoeducational Therapies, getting positive results along with the support of the family and improving the quality of life for all of them.
7 keys things that you are going to learn in this Online Autism Step by Step: The ultimate guide for families course?
- You will know all the aspects about what it means to have in the family a person with the diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- You will know the characteristics, definitions, and above all the capacities and the supports that these people and their families will need throughout their lives.
- You will learn to relate to your child differently and due to the concepts and techniques that we will teach you, you will understand his way of thinking and you will learn to build pleasant relationships with your child.
- You will understand his way of thinking, the reason he behaves the way he does and why his reaction to certain stimuli is different from most. You will understand how his brain works, how it processes information and how peculiar the accurateness with which he understands the world.
- You will learn practical strategies to deal with the problems of everyday life, to be applied at home and that will address each of the three areas that we work in psychoeducational therapies: the social area, the area of communication and language and the area of behaviour.
- You’ll understand the behaviour of a person with autism. You will understand why they behave the way they do. You will learn how to handle challenging conducts, identify them and anticipate them to avoid crisis situations.
- You’ll provide autonomy skills to your child and taking advantage of these, you can turn the boring daily routines into supports for teaching autonomy and independence.
Online Autism Course NO.4#
AUTISM: Cultivating Healthy Relationships Through Play
“Play” is one of the best ways to connect with people, and there is no different to autistic child. Through play, parents are able to better connect with their children.This online autism course is created by Julie Sando, the Director of Autistically Inclined .
Julie has worked with over 1,000 families touched by autism worldwide since 1998. Studying everything from Behavior Modification to Relationship-based modalities, Julie felt stifled by being contained in a box, while representing various modalities she was trained and certified in through the years. Having to represent a modality meant fitting a child into a program rather than creating a program around a child.
Who is this online autism course for?
- Parents and professionals who want to learn more about play therapy for autism and related challenges.
- Parents and professionals who are new to a Natural Play Therapy Program.
- Family members of people with special needs who want to understand how to relate.
- People who want to connect more deeply with their loved one, in a more natural way.
- Those who wish to add more play to their lives, relationships, and therapeutic approaches.
Online Autism Course NO.5#
Meltdowns in Autism Spectrum Disorder
I still remember that there is one time, my autistic “client” had a meltdown in the middle of a gym session. He bit me so hard on my hand till it bleeds. By understanding, what trigger and how to handle the meltdowns are something that really important for parents.
This exclusive autism course is created by Danielle Kelly, M.Ed., NBCT ,she is the director for Exceptional Children Consulting & Services, LLC
Danielle Kelly has spent ten years in the field of Special Education working primarily with students on the Autism Spectrum, and those with Behavior and Emotional Disabilities. Danielle earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Studies with concentrations in US History and Criminal Justice and a Master’s Degree in Cross Categorical Special Education. Danielle also holds a National Board’s Certification in Special Education K-22. For over a decade she has taught students from pre-K through high school with disabilities that include Autism Spectrum Disorders, Behavioral and Emotional Disabilities, Other Health Impairments, Visual Impairments, Traumatic Brain Injury, Learning Disabilities, as well as ID-Mild and ID-Moderate cognitive ranges.
What are you going to learn in this course?
- Identify five Autism Spectrum Disorder subtypes .
- Recognize, apply, and discuss characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Utilize current industry practice terminology as it relates to Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Identify and apply theoretical approaches to Autism treatment as it applies to teach replacement behaviours.
- Compare and contrast characteristics within Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Recognize factors contributing to behavioural antecedents.
- Describe a meltdown’s components accurately in order to assist in identifying antecedents and replacement behaviours.
- Recognize and apply characteristics within behavioural antecedents.
- Analyze root causes of behavioural antecedents.
- Utilize and apply working knowledge of behavioural antecedents as they relate to the unique individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Identify potential the behavioural function of each meltdown.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data collection and synthesis practices in order to identify potential behavioral antecedents.
- Accurately describe meltdown characteristics using correct terminology.
AND SO MUCH MORE!